Proper Disposal and Recycling
Cylinder Recyclers has a proven process for safe, proper disposal and maximum recycling potential of your acetylene cylinders.
We recycle the acetone left in every acetylene cylinder – relieving the risks of acetone leakage into the environment.
We can also recycle the metal shell.
- Initial inspection of the basic integrity of your cylinders
- Cylinders are de-valved and fitted with our couplings
- Fitted cylinders are moved into our hot room (side bar) and connected to a pump-down manifold
- Organics are removed from the cylinder under a vacuum – the process time is flow-rate controlled to ensure complete removal
- Acetone is condensed out and collected downstream for recycling
- Cores are sent to license Sub-Title D landfills for proper