Acetylene Cylinder Recycling
Call for a Quote 877-RE4-CYCL ( 877-734-2925 )
Why are Acetylene cylinders different?
- They contain a solid binding-medium containing up to six gallons of acetone.
- Acetone poses a human safety threat once these cylinder s are out of use.
- Disposal avenues are limited, and legal liability for acetone leakage is clear
Download Acetylene Recycling White Paper
Good for People, Good for Business, Good for the Environment
Proper Disposal and Recycling
Cylinder Recyclers has a proven process for safe, proper disposal and maximum recycling potential of your acetylene cylinders.
We recycle the acetone left in every acetylene cylinder – relieving the risks of acetone leakage into the environment.
We can also recycle the metal shell.
Humans Exposed to Acetone
- nose, throat, lung, and eye irritation
- light- headedness/dizziness
- increased pulse rate
- nausea and vomiting
- shortening of the menstrual cycle in women
Exposure can occur when living near landfill sites or a facility that releases acetone into the environment- e.g. stockpiling acetylene cylinders.
- Initial inspection of the basic integrity of your cylinders
- Cylinders are de-valved and fitted with our couplings
- Fitted cylinders are moved into our hot room (side bar) and connected to a pump-down manifold
- Organics are removed from the cylinder under a vacuum – the process time is flow-rate controlled to ensure complete removal
- Acetone is condensed out and collected downstream for recycling
- Cores are sent to license Sub-Title D landfills for proper
Full Documentation Provided
We provide a detailed paper trail of acetylene cylinder recycling and disposal, giving you records which can be used to show regulation compliance (government, internal, and external).
These documents can also be used to showcase your sustainable business practice, which is valued by both stakeholders and local communities. Secure your reputation as a “green” organization with the paperwork to back it up.